- Organization – Present your information
in a well organized manner. Make sure your important information
is easy to find. A potential employer is not going to search
for hidden gems of information.
- Proofreading – Make sure to check
your resume for spelling, punctuation and grammatical
- Be Precise – Do not make your
resume wordy. List the information in exact wording that
is clear and to the point.
- Language – Use industry terms
to demonstrate knowledge of the industry, but do not show
- Targeting The Job – Make sure
your resume presents in a manner that will address the
- Paper Choice – If you are mailing
your resume use a high quality paper. Papers that are
made with cotton fibers and (or) a watermark present well.
If you are using watermarked paper, make sure to print
your resume so that the watermark reads properly. Yes,
the employer may check this and it shows you pay attention